started his junior football with St Mary’s in U14’s after first playing one season with North Darwin in 1993/94.
Progressing through the grades at St Mary’s, Jarred played 34 games and kicked 26 goals in the U/16's and played 17
games and kicked 13 goals in the U/18's before cementing his place in their League side 1997/98.
a member of St Marys U/14’s Premiership side in 1994/95 and U/16’s Premiership side in 1996/97.
also represented the NTFL on four occasions against Richmond (1999), Port Power (2001), Western Bulldogs (2004) and North
Adelaide (2006) before the formation of NT Thunder in 2009.
has won two Nichols medals in 2004/05 as hot favourite Jarred beat Shannon Rusca (Sthn. Districts) to win the Nichols Medal.
second time around the burying centreman had to survive a scare when a round 19 striking charge against Darwin was withdrawn
making him eligible to win the Nichols medal again in 2007/08 .
have to worry when as hot favourite he tied with Warren Berto (Nightcliff) to win the medal again.
is a product of the St Marys Juniors an ex U/18 Thunder Captain and the 1999 NTFL Rising Star.
Tommy Weetra the Saints people got it right when he also won their best and fairest for 2004/05.They also got it right
again in 2007/08.
has played in the St Marys premiership sides of 2003/04, 2004/05, 2013/14 and was captain of the 2007/08, 2008/09 premiership
sides and played in the loosing grand final sides of 1997/98, 1998/99, 2005/06 and 2010/11.
was also given a further honour when in 2009 the NT Thunder side was formed he was made the inaugural captain for the first
two seasons. He was superseded by his brother Cameron in 2011.
won the Chaney Medal for Best on Ground in the 2008/09 premiership win.
was also a member of the 2011 NT Thunder inaugural Premiership side that defeated Morningside in the NEAFL and the Cross Conference
side that defeated Ainslie.
only one of seven players to play 50 games with NT Thunder to end of season 2013. His total stands at 55.
Because of his games with NT Thunder Jarred became St Marys 12th 200
game player and St Marys 15th player NTFL life member in 2013/14 when he played his 200th game in round
9 on 30/11/2013 against Southern Districts.
When he ran out against Waratahs in Rd 14 on the 18/01/2014 he became a player life
member with St Marys and joins the other 38 player life members.
has been appointed the CEO of NT Thunder from 15th November 2011 with the resignation of Stuart Totham.
He retired at the end of season 2013/14 with his number of games with St Marys at
155, but made an unexpected return for one last game in 2015/16 after playing a few reserves game to keep fit taking his tally
Jarred lives in Wulagi and is due to be married to his long time partner Barbara in May 2014 which they have
two children together - a son Jayden (12 years) and a daughter Kayla (4 years).
Congratulations Jarred from all our members and supporters at St Marys on a wonderful Career.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rex
This is a Summary of his playing career and
JUNIOR PLAYING CAREER
1995/96 Encouragement Award
1996/97 Best Team Man
1996/97 Runner up Best and Fairest
1997/98 Runner up Best and Fairest
1998/99 Player to most Likely Succeed
- Jarred has played in five NTFL Premierships with St Mary’s
2003/04, 2004/05, 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2013/14
- He has played in four loosing Grand Finals with St Marys
1997/98, 1998/99, 2005/06, 2010/11
- 2002 Runner Up Port Adelaide Magpies Best and Fairest
- 2002 Most Dedicated Player
- 2002 Most Improved Player
- 2001 U20 SANFL Representative
- 2001 Port Adelaide Magpies Reserves Best First Year Player
- 2000 - 03 Port Adelaide Magpies SANFL Player 38 Senior games
and kicked 4 goals and 34 Reserve games and kicked 18 goals
- 2004/05 and 2007/08 St Marys Best and Fairest
- 2005/06 Runner Up St Marys Best and Fairest
- 2006/07 St Marys Best Team Man
- 2008/09 Chaney Medallist
- 2004/05 and 2007/08 Nichols Medallist
- Four representative games before the inception of NT Thunder
1999 Vs Richmond, 2001 Vs Port Adelaide, 2004 Vs Western Bulldogs and 2006 Vs North Adelaide
- Inaugural Captain of NT Thunder 2009 and 2010
- He has played 55 Games and kicked 28 goals for NT Thunder
including playing in the inaugural 2011 NEAFL Premiership
- Jarred has played 150 NTFL Games for St Marys and also kicked
57 goals to Rd 14 2013/14.
- Jarred was made a Life Member of the NTFL in 2013
- He was made a Life Member of St Marys in 2014
- 2011 - 2015 - CEO NT Thunder.
- 2007 - 2011 – Fire Fighter NT Fire and Rescue Service
- 2009 - 2011 – Editing Director of Intensity Sports
- 2011 - 2013 – Presenter - The Boot on Southern Cross
- 2006 - 2009 - Owner/operator - Personal Training
- 1999 - 2001 - AFLNT Development Officer